Mound Jog-a-Thon 2011!
Post date: Sep 8, 2011 6:19:03 AM
- On Friday, September 16, the students of Mound Elementary School will participate in their annual Jog-a-Thon event, the only active fundraiser that supports the PTO budget. This event provides funding for programs such as:All field trips and cultural assemblies
- The reading intervention program
- Earthquake preparedness
- Computer lab
- Class curriculum enhancements
- The Gold Medal Reading Program
- Red Ribbon Week and Field Day
- Artist-in-the-classroom lessons
- The cafeteria salad bar
- Playground equipment
- School beautification
Without your generous support, these programs would not be possible for our students. Also, as the state of California continues to reduce school budgets, the PTO strives to fund any programs negatively affected by these budget cuts.
This year's theme is "Surfin' Safari!", and will include a water relay, a limbo or surprise activity, and a jogging event.
Thank you for your support! Please make checks payable to "Mound PTO". Students will be collecting donations until October 7. You can also securely donate online at http://www.moundjogathon.org. Your donations are tax-deductible. If you need a letter from the PTO for tax purposes, please request one in writing from the school office by October 7.
For employers offering matching donations, the PTO will be happy to complete and submit any paperwork necessary to receive matching contributions. Contact the Mound school office for more information.