The Mound Elementary School PTO funds and organizes many of the activities and events that occur throughout the year at Mound Elementary School in Ventura, California.
- The Annual Jog-a-Thon fundraiser
- Art & Music Enrichment
- Field Trips
- Book Fairs
- Outdoor education class trips
Friday, August 23rd at 8:30 AM in the cafeteria.
Find out more about Mound PTO & meet other members! Learn more on ways you can get involved.
Myths and Facts About Mound PTO
MYTH: PTO is just for stay-at-home parents.
FACT: PTO is for everyone! Our volunteers are mothers, fathers and other caregivers. Many members stay-at-home; work part-time to full-time; have little ones, preschoolers, high schoolers and/or college students; are continuing their own education; and more.
MYTH: Joining PTO means I have to volunteer. I’ll get roped into something if I go to a PTO meeting.
FACT: You do not have to volunteer to be a member of PTO! There are always opportunities to get involved as we do need a lot of volunteers. We do ask for help but there is no pressure to sign up if you don’t want to volunteer or are unable to. It is okay to say no. We appreciate everyone’s membership regardless of volunteering. The simple act of joining PTO is valuable to our school.
MYTH: I have to be a board member to attend PTO meetings.
FACT: Everyone is welcome at PTO monthly meetings! Dates and times will be posted to the Mound PTO Facebook group page and the Mound PTO website. PTO meetings are a great place to connect with other parents and find out more about what’s happening here at Mound. PTO meetings alternate between mornings and evenings each month to allow for members to come at times they are more available. More info on scheduled times coming soon.
- Vision & Hearing Screening escorts (walk kids to and from screening – September 9th)
- Picture Day volunteer
- Music Van (music program for 3rd and 5th grades – November)
- Book Fair (on campus in November; at Barnes & Noble in March)
- Women in History (presentations to classes on significant US women – March)
- Talent Show (Spring)
- Battle of the Books (4th and 5th Grade reading challenge – May)
*Look for the sign-up form sent home first week of school. Complete and return to the PTO box in the front office OR email
Ongoing Events & Committees
- Jogathon Committee (plan Jogathon events for the next year, meetings start in spring)
- Hospitality Committee (plan events, like luncheons, for staff)
- Beautification/Gardens Committee (campus enhancement, ex. gardens, painting)
- Green Team (implement ways to conserve & recycle on campus)
- Teacher Grants Committee (review & select teacher requests for grants)
- Science Lab Committee (organize, inventory and order supplies/equipment for lab)
- Library Helpers (help with general library needs – shelving books, check-ins, etc.)
- Workroom Assistance & Photocopying (Copycats)
- School Safety & Traffic Committee (help keep Mound safe & prepared for emergencies. Volunteer crossing guards are a vital part of this group & are ALWAYS needed.)
- Lunchtime Help (Salad Bar, Noon Aide)
- Selling Spirit Wear (help 1st VP sell items at Back to School night, orientations, etc.)
- Passive fundraising (help 2nd VP with box tops, Shoparoo, Amazon Smile, etc.)
Upcoming Dine Out Fundraisers